Monday, July 19, 2010

Hair and Make-up


Putting effort into hair and make-up will really transform you and bring your costume to life!


I found an amazing tutorial on how to recreate the hair style Elizabeth wears with her Gold Gown, if you can pull this off I think it really enhances the effect of your whole costume. The icing on the cake! (


Just as important is the natural make-up look Elizabeth wears, I've seen a few cosplayers who wear heavy eye make-up or bright lip colours and to me it just doesn't look right. She has a very natural look, some brown eyeshadow blended for a soft look, on the lid and underneath the eye, with minimal eyeliner and lashes. Nice pronounced eyebrows and a coral lipstick. I think she probably has a tiny bit of matt bronze contouring and some lightly applied blush for a glowing youthful look.
I'm going to try and find some helpful tutorials to link on doing perfect eyebrows and applying flawless natural looking make-up. I find youtube is a great place to find these.

For now here's some photos of the make-up...............




My Version

I was light handed with the eye make-up becuase I am so fair skinned so I adjusted the style to look natural on me.

MY TOP TIPS

Get some good concealers and foundation and maybe even a good primer too, watch a few videos on how to get a flawless foundation look becuase that is key to this style

Scuplt those eyebrows, brush them, fill them out with eyebrow shadow/pencil, make them a feature, even if your eyebrows aren't as thick as keira's it's a good idea to make them a prominent feature. A nice filled out eyebrow is youthful and flatters the eye anyway!

With a very flat thin brush put some brown eyeshadow in the roots of the eyelashes to fill out and enhance without actually having an eyeliner look.

Use a natural looking (defining) mascara in a shade of natural brown, not black!

Avoid overly shimmery/sparkly shadows and blushes.

Powder down with a fine translucent powder to stop a shiny face, you can also use a matte foundation then use a bit of illuminating highlight on top of the cheeks or a light blush with a slight shimmer to it on the apple of the cheeks to bring back some glow.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice job on the makeup! It looks very authentic and true to Elizabeth's style!! I can't wait to see more hair pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete